Following the last article I sent this to the local press be interesting to see if it is printed
Over the last few years I have lost confidence in all politicians, people in authority our justice system, the independence of our press i.e. practically all our established institutions. It seems most of them are corrupt or inefficient or both, they consider the public/voters as units that can be used and abused. So it came as a pleasant shock when I received an email which is circulating at the moment concerning the new Mayor of Doncaster Peter Davies (see full article below)
Mayor Davies has come up with some radical changes:
1) He has taken a £43,000 pay cut
2) He closed the Councils Newspaper for “peddling politics on the rates”
3) He has plans to cut the City Councillors from 63 to 21 saving £800,000
4) He has with drawn Doncaster Local Government Information Unit saving £200,000
5) Got rid of his Chauffer driven car
6) Come out of twinning organisation which he considers just binges at the Council expense
7) He has promised to end council funding for Doncaster’s International Women’s Day, Black History Month and the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month.
Here is a man that will make a difference. Someone the people can have faith in we need more like him, people who have not been contaminated by present regimes, ask this question? How many of the above are Swale Borough Council and Kent County Council involved in?
Martin Clarke Sittingbourne