Those wanting to bring the voting age down to 16 is just gerrymandering Labour want it because they believe most Young People respond better to the ethos of Socialism working on the old saying “If you are not a socialist at 20 you have no heart If you are socialist at 40 you have no brain” Those idiotic Conservative who want the age lowered are the Brexit Remoaners who believe 16 year old will help bring down the EU referendum.
Now lets say these Nutcases get their way and 16 year old can vote, it would stand to right that they would then be classified as an Adult so everything that is restricted to them now would be null and void so look below and see what they can not do at present but will be able to do if they get the vote.
Will the young abide by the democratic Process? Well lets take the example of Universities where they are indoctrinated by left wing Professors, these left wing students Bully and intimidate Students who do not agree with there politics they stifle debate by invading lecture hall when speakers who do not have the same politics as them are barracked. These students do not want debate they want a dictatorship and lets not forget Lefty Antifa young people who wear black and cover their faces. They violently attack people who do not agree with them, they are like the Nazi SS Storm troopers. So can you imagine the bullying in schools, the influence left wing teachers will have on their students and remember they cannot leave school till they are 18 unless they get an apprenticeship.
Please read the comments below
Despite any perception one might pick up from the debate on voting at 16, the trend for law-makers is to raise age limits, says Philip Cowley, professor of politics at the University of Nottingham. It is "completely untrue" to think children are growing up quicker than they used to.
"If you go back 30 or 40 years people were leaving school at 15, they were getting married earlier, they were having children earlier, they were working and paying taxes earlier than they are now," says Cowley.
in 2003 the law on making or distributing indecent images of children was changed to raise the legal definition of a child from 16 to 18.
This piece of international law requires that states act in the best interests of the child, which it defines as anyone under 18.
UN convention led to the measures to ensure members of the armed forces under the age of 18 did not take a direct part in armed conflict.
Under-18s cannot usually claim benefits such as Jobseeker's Allowance and Income Support
Although teenagers of 16 or older can have sex it is illegal for someone in a "position of trust" - such as teachers, carers and doctors - to have sex with someone under 18.
If you are under the age of 18, the simple answer is: NO! In England, Northern Ireland and Wales, if you're under the age of 18 you're not allowed to buy: Any knife, knife blade or razor blade.
· Age to buy and appear in porn is now 18 (2003 Sexual Offences Act). This leads to the anomaly that it's legal for two 16 year olds to have sex, but illegal for them to record themselves doing so.
· Cigarette purchase age was recently changed from 16 to 18.
- You can drive most types of vehicles (with a provisional driving licence and a 21+ adult in the passenger seat who is qualified to drive).
- If you pass your driving test, and you’re properly insured, you can get behind the wheel and take to the road on your own.
- You can apply for a private pilot’s licence for a plane, helicopter, gyroplane, hot air balloon and airship.
- You can be interviewed by the police without an adult present, given a reprimand or a warning. Should you be charged with an offence (without being granted bail) then you could be sent to a remand centre or prison.
- You can become a blood donor.
- You can leave your body for medical study.
- You can vote in local and general elections.
- You can stand for election as a Member of Parliament, local councillor or Mayor.
- You can serve on a jury, or be tried in a magistrates court and go to jail if you’re found guilty of a criminal offence.
- If you were adopted you can see your original birth certificate (and have your name added to the Adoption Contact Register).
- You can make a will.
- You can get married without parental permission.
- You can view, rent or buy an 18 rated film.
- You can view, rent, or buy pornographic material that does not contravene UK obscenity laws.
- You can buy fireworks.
- You can place a bet in a betting shop/casino.
- You can buy cigarettes, rolling tobacco and cigarette papers.
- You can open your own bank account.
- You can buy an alcoholic drink in a pub or a bar.
- You can pawn stuff in a pawn shop.
- You can have a tattoo.
- You can drive lorries weighing up to 7.5 tonnes, with a trailer attached.
- You are no longer entitled to free full time education at school.
- You can apply to adopt a child.
- You can supervise a learner driver (so long as you’ve held a driving licence for the same type of vehicle for three years).
- You can apply for a range of licences that would allow you to fly commercial transport aeroplanes, helicopters, gyroplanes and airships.
- You can drive lorries over 7.5 tonnes with a trailer (with the appropriate licence), as well as buses and road rollers.