Wednesday, May 18, 2011

But I have no pets

Pet Insurance BUT I have no pet?


I recently received the International Budo Federations bank statement and on it there was a direct debit for £13.22p for pet insurance. The IBF obviously does not own a pet and neither do I so I contacted the bank and had the DD stopped and asked for information on who authorised the DD. I was told it was a company called BDLM I contacted them they apologised and said they would refund the money great, I then asked who produced the DD mandate they refused to tell me because they would be in breach of the Data Protection act? My response was this is my account and someone has taken money frequently from it so why are protecting a criminal’s Data? So back to the Bank who then referred me to their Fraud Department they couldn’t help and I was told to contact the Police but was warned because it was a small amount there was doubt whether anything would be done. OK telephone Police which I did, I was put on hold and after 10 minutes I thought enough is enough as I had spent well over an hour on phone calls.



So what have I found out?

1) Banks do not keep complete details of transactions

2) The Data Protection Act protects the criminal

3) Police do not answer their phones

4) It seems a crime is a crime only if it involves a great deal of money

5) I still do not know got into my account

6) Is my account safe?



Martin Clarke East Street Sittingbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.