Friday, March 02, 2012

Secular society and Prof Richard Bailey


In last weeks paper Professor Richard Bailey gave a academic response to Prayers in Council Chambers, I was a councillor some 20 years ago and can not remember saying prayers and I have to agree that I saw no need for them but this business about Prayers before Council Meetings is really a smoke screen to promote a anti Christian Secular Society.
The person who originally brought the Human Rights case against Bideford council was a Militant Secularist and a former councillor who lost his seat, so therefor not even involved with the Council.  Saying prayers according Prof Richard Bailey is undemocratic yet the Council had a vote to see if prayers should be kept, or does Prof Richard Baileys idea of Democracy mean everyone who agrees with him?

He moves on to suggest that the majority of people in this country are not Christian because they do not attend Church wrong in the last Census a big majority still declared them selves to be Christian. I happen to one of those who was brought up Catholic but do not attend Church on regular basis but does that make me a Non believer OF COURSE NOT. Throughout his letter he try’s to give the impression that he some benevolent person who wants all religions and life styles to co exist yet this is not true he has no time for the Christian religion what so ever. In one debate I had with him on my Christian belief he tied to ridicule me and other Christians by referring to God as “ My little invisible friend” . Sadly he believes secularism is the only way forward and refers to religious services being bizarre and belonging in the bygone past

The secularist like Professor Richard Bailey would like to see all religion stopped in all public places even schools. Can I quote from an email I received “Then someone said we must not read the bible in school.  The Bible says thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said okay.
Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.”

The laws and morals of these countries are built on the Christian faith, this country of ours is the most democratic and the freest in the World and that freedom was built on the Christian faith and ideals. This maybe inconvenient for people like Professor Richard Bailey and his secularist belief but it is fact. What we need is more Christian activity to stop the rise of secularism and its selfish beliefs.

Just to finish I am glad I have my invisible friend to guide me and will say a prayer for you to return to the faith something you used to believe in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.