Saturday, June 12, 2010

Our Troops

This Saturday saw the Annual “Trooping of the Colour” I do love the Pageantry only the British can do properly, this year they also showed the Grenadier Guards in Action in Afghanistan. I feel a great sense of pride in these young men and women who are prepared to give the ultimate sacrifice “Their life for the benefit of others”
I never wanted to join the forces I but have known and taught lots of Armed forces Personnel and do feel some regret that there was not Conscription when I was 18 years old, I would have done my 2 years and most probably enjoyed it. Yet I was dismayed the other day while talking to a neighbour where he told me of a situation where a serviceman just back from Afghanistan decide he wanted to buy a house in Sittingbourne and settle his family only to be told his two children of Secondary school age could not be accommodated in any of our schools in the area. Now if that is true that is an absolute disgrace considering some of our schools have taken on Afghan refugees, immigrants children many who can not even speak the language, yet when one of our own wants access NO JOY, here are men and women who put their lives on the line for their country so surely they should be treated as exceptional cases but then again the Left wing Guardian readers would not like that

Martin Clarke Sittingbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.