Read This letter
This Guy is a man after my own heart
East Kent Gazette/Sheppey Gazette (via email)
In his letter in this week’s Gazette Barry Pearson asks me to let him know what my policies are. As I have said before I will spell out fully my policies when Gordon Brown finally summons up the courage to call a General Election.
Meanwhile I am more than happy to set out the type of things in which I believe, for instance:
· I believe that pensioners deserve a higher basic state pension, which is why I support the linking of pensions to wage inflation, rather than prices.
· I want to ensure that local people have access to a NHS dentist.
· I will work closely with our local businesses to help protect jobs.
· I will campaign for a crackdown on anti-social behaviour.
· I support our local grammar schools, but believe that we are lucky enough to have some of the best non-selective secondary schools in the county.
· I believe that planning laws should be reviewed to ensure that settled and travelling communities are treated in exactly the same way.
· I would like to see a referendum held on Britain’s continued membership of the EU.
· I will campaign for controlled immigration and better border controls.
· I want to see a reduction in the amount of political correctness that bedevils our society.
Mr Pearson boasts that Labour’s policies include free bus passes for the elderly, free TV licences for the over-75’s and the minimum wage. Since these are all policies that David Cameron has promised to retain, it doesn’t seem that Labour is putting forward much of an election manifesto!