Monday, December 07, 2009

Go Gordon Go

Read This letter

This Guy is a man after my own heart

The Editor
East Kent Gazette/Sheppey Gazette (via email)

Dear Madam

In his letter in this week’s Gazette Barry Pearson asks me to let him know what my policies are. As I have said before I will spell out fully my policies when Gordon Brown finally summons up the courage to call a General Election.

Meanwhile I am more than happy to set out the type of things in which I believe, for instance:

· I believe that pensioners deserve a higher basic state pension, which is why I support the linking of pensions to wage inflation, rather than prices.

· I want to ensure that local people have access to a NHS dentist.

· I will work closely with our local businesses to help protect jobs.

· I will campaign for a crackdown on anti-social behaviour.

· I support our local grammar schools, but believe that we are lucky enough to have some of the best non-selective secondary schools in the county.

· I believe that planning laws should be reviewed to ensure that settled and travelling communities are treated in exactly the same way.

· I would like to see a referendum held on Britain’s continued membership of the EU.

· I will campaign for controlled immigration and better border controls.

· I want to see a reduction in the amount of political correctness that bedevils our society.

Mr Pearson boasts that Labour’s policies include free bus passes for the elderly, free TV licences for the over-75’s and the minimum wage. Since these are all policies that David Cameron has promised to retain, it doesn’t seem that Labour is putting forward much of an election manifesto!

Yours sincerely

Gordon Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.