Friday, March 27, 2015

More Blasts from the past

Here a few items from the past. For 9 years I worked as a Judo Coach for the KEC avery enjoyable job. In 1980 all Judo Coaching was stopped and my most successful school Towers Ashford Kent awarded me a certificate for what I had done for the school. Maybe not the most prestigious award but one I have treasured reminding me of the hey days of Judo. When I started coaching Judo at the Schools at the age of 21, I got involved in running tournaments. The badge below is an example of a 1974 event I organised in Sittingbourne it attracted 200 seniors, can you imagine that to day. The photograph is of the officials at the Margret Clarke Memorial Championships in 2004

Can not let you go with out a bit of Politics, in the 1990's I was Vice Chairman of the local Conservative Party, I was also a Councillor for a short while. The photograph (not a very good one) of myself, Brenda Simpson Chairman (Deceased) and Prime Minister John Major at 10 Downing Street






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.