Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Swale



It is surprising what you have on your own door step. I was recently talking to Tim a friend of my son  John he was telling how he ventured on the Swale Tributary the other side of Tonge Golf Driving Range and I thought I am 66 years old and have never been to that part of the Swale. So yesterday of I went with UchiKomi and what a surprise it was, we arrived when the tide was out and found old rotting Barges.
Year ago before my time Barges were a common site many going to the Brick works at Conyer which was just a Miles or so away from where we was. When the Barge became obsolete they were just abandoned. I can remember as a boy my father taking me to Chetney Marshes to see the Barges Graveyard I beginning to wonder whether he took me here 





Doug looking for Mussels, Cockles and Oysters which found many but we did not eat them 

You can nearly walk across to Sheppey from her

Sad end 

I wonder how many years this barge has been rotting 


nearly at Sheppey 

They tell me when the tide is up seals can be seen here


Countryside to Tonge 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.