Frinsted Church Kent
Can not find anything about this Church no sign boards on anything on Internet, it is a very small church, could not look inside thats as much as I can say
An isolated village set in lovely wooded country, high on the North Downs, on the road which joins the A2 to the A20, from Sittingbourne to Harrietsham.
A popular spot for day-trippers and picnic outings in the summer and game shoots in the winter, the village previously contained a sub-post office, an active cricket club and held an annual horticultural show.
Frinsted was also a motorbus terminus for rural intra-county routes. When the services were cancelled, the small bus park and building which included a public house (The Kingsdown Arms) remained a popular pub and restaurant in the area. The pub was finally sold and converted to a private dwelling at the end of the 20th century
It has an inn, a few old cottages and a little church, pleasantly restored in 1868 by the celebrated Victorian architect Gilbert Scott, who like so many of his contemporaries, was over-zealous in his work.
Two German airmen, shot down near the village in May 1918 are buried in the churchyard.
St James Egerton
The Church is believed to have taken a very long time to complete because there is evidence in its features of work commenced in the 13th, 14th and 15th Centuries.
The Tower was built by Sir John Darell of Calehill in 1476. It dominates the village street and surrounding countryside being 100 feet from base to top. It contains the clock and six bells, two of which are dated 1602, two dated 1759, one dated 1717 and the other 1927.
Egerton stands on a 350 ft ridge of Greensand 9 miles north-west of Ashford and has some of the most magnificent views across the Weald of Kent and Ashford valley. The 13th Century village Church of St. James’ dominates the many old cottages around it. The lower part of Egerton is formed on Weald Clay.
Almost every type of domestic architecture is evident in the village, from Period Hall Houses, Yeoman Houses and Kentish Barns, to modern bungalows, detached and semi-detached houses. The predominant style in Egerton remains red brick with plain tile roofing.
The oldest surviving houses in the village date from about the 15th Century, but the presence of the Church with 13th Century origins clearly indicates that the settlement is older than it appears.
Aerial View Egerton