I have always been in Favour of 1st past the post Electoral System but I have changed my mind totally after this election. As someone who voted Conservative I am pleased we won BUT when UKIP get more votes then the SNP and have just one MP compared with the SNP who get over 50 MP’s by NO stretch of the imagination can you call this a truly Democratic system.
Our Local Conservative MP the very popular Gordon Henderson got 49% of the local vote a great Victory but the surprise was that UKIP came 2nd with 25% of the vote pushing Labour into 3rd position. What I ask of Gordon is to question our Electoral system because we need to hear the voice of all the people. The present system alienates many of the electorate.
Ukip win only one seat so far despite racking up millions MORE votes than Lib-Dems OR SNP
- Nigel Farage appeared to be heading for defeat in South Thanet today
- Mr Farage has pledged to resign as leader if he fails to win the Kent seat
- Party has got more votes than Lib Dems and SNP but 'hardly any seats'
- He said: 'The system is bust. You've got a first past the post system where we clearly become the third party in Britain but get hardly any seats.'
- Douglas Carswell wins
Ukip'sfirst seat, taking Clacton with 19,642 votes
- Ukip deputy leader says current electoral system is 'affront to democracy'