SO NOW TRANSSEXUALS WANT EXTRA RIGHTS ALONG WITH THEIR GAY MATES? THEY WANT TO BAN PEOPLE FROM TALKING ABOUT THEM SO MUCH FOR FREE SPEECH, IT SEEMS IF YOUR ABNORMAL YOU GET MORE RIGHTS THEN THE NORM.
Blackadder preserves our right to be insulting: Ministers agree to amend laws after campaign led by Rowan Atkinson
- Home Secretary says the government will ditch contentious words from the Public Order Act
- Comedian Rowan Atkinson led a coalition of campaign groups complaining about the legislation
Observer removes controversial Julie Burchill article on transsexuals from website and issues apology after Twitter storm
• Julie Burchill has come under fire for a column in yesterday's Observer
• The columnist described transsexuals as 'd**** in chicks' clothing'
• The article has now been removed and an apology issued
• Ms Burchill was writing in defence of fellow columnist Suzanne Moore
• Miss Moore had been forced off Twitter after criticism of another article
• She said women were pressured to have bodies like 'Brazilian transsexuals'
• Lib Dem minister Lynne Featherstone has called for Ms Burchill to be sacked
• Miss Featherstone also wants Observer editor John Mulholland sacked
Sack a columnist for being offensive? Perish the thought!
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2262427/Sack-columnist-offensive-Perish-thought.html#ixzz2I2tpgYZK
Ben Summerskill, chief executive of gay rights group Stonewall, said
£40billion to the cost of public services in this country. They're entitled to nothing less than equal treatment from those services, even from public servants who don't happen to like gay people.'